Monday, January 21, 2013

I hate "society"

I'm really just venting right now..

But I hate hate HATE society's opinion mattering in my life. Like....
people see photo's of my boyfriend and me and the first thing they say is "he looks like a decent guy. He just needs a hair cut."
SINCE WHEN did a HAIR CUT dictate whether a person is or is not a good person?!?!?! Maybe, juust maybe, he LIKES his hair like that, and Maybe I like his hair like that! So, who are you to butt in and tell me that he needs a hair cut. shut. up.
oh he doesn't know what he's doing after high school? that's not good, Lisa!
uhm...I didnt know what I was going to do with my life after high school!!! At a freaking CHURCH service I announced to the entire congregation that I was going to become a professional beach bum. And I was serious. If you really think that I'm going to work work work the rest of my life, you're kidding yourself. I'm a hard worker, don't mistake that. But I will not be a workaholic the rest of my life. heeckk no.
This is just a small example of the big one I'm struggling through right now..

And since when did everyone else's opinions about my life matter? When did we start letting others opinions dictate what we do and when we do it and how we do it? I'm so sick of it all. It makes me want to scream. I'm just so frustrated with this passive mentality right now. I think it's time to grow a back bone and say "HEY! This is what I'm going to do whether you like it or not. But your opinion about this action I'm taking doesn't matter because I've made up my mind. If you don't like it, buh-bye! DO NOT stick around and whine and complain to me about it. gooooo awaaaay."

But you see, I can be a very kind, nice person just to turn around and be extremely rude. I could piss the whole world off so quickly just because I really don't care what most people think about me. Even people whose opinions would normally matter to me! When it comes to some things, I don't care. good or bad, I don't know really. But again, I really don't care....

No comments:

Post a Comment