Saturday, July 6, 2013

like a bride planning her wedding..

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand" Psalm 37:23&24

This evening I got home from a beautiful wedding and read this verse and the first thing that shot into my mind was regarding the sentence "He delights in every detail of their lives".
Like a bride planning for her wedding. She picks out the big things and little details. Big things like the venue, her dress, her wedding party, all the way down to the silverware, center pieces, manicures and table cloths. 
Brides-to-be obsess about every detail of their wedding from the time she gets that ring until just minutes before she walks down the aisle to her husband, and sometimes even before she gets the ring. The way a bride obsesses and delights in every little detail depicts what God does with His children. He watches every detail, He obsesses over us. 

For me, on this day, that is a very comforting thought. Things that have blown up in my face the past few days have been hurtful, leaving me asking "why me? What did I ever do to deserve this??" 
But just laying it in His hands and letting Him obsess over this situation is so much easier than me taking it head on all by myself. I'm thankful that He obsesses over me. I'm thankful to be called His little girl, His child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment